Harnessing sound to positively impact
your health and wellbeing
DO YOU WANT TO . . .
- Become more present and aware in social situations?
- Learn how your listening dictates your reality?
- Learn how to use listening to improve your experience?
- Create stronger connections with other people and the world?
- Improve your relationships and communication skills?
- Learn how to use listening to improve your health and wellbeing?
- Better understand society and become a voice for positive change?
Join us for a 7-day retreat of deep listening, bodily awareness and nature connection. The Acoustic Body® experiential learning approach is designed to create a safe space for authentic experiences, intuitive integration, and communal connection.
Experience the benefits of deep meditative states
and tap into the wisdom of your body
This transformational and restorative retreat is designed to support you in becoming aware of how deeply sound shapes your relationship to the world around you and facilitate a rich journey of personal and collective discovery and healing.
This retreat is for you if you wish to:
- Discuss the ways sounds and frequencies impact us and explore our individual and collective relationship with them.
- Use different sounds and frequencies, and exercises to stimulate our imagination and to help us process conscious or unconscious emotions, fears and/or traumas.
- Explore the interconnections between personal, communal and environmental issues by diving into the depth of sound.
- Learn about active listening to the inner and outer environment and practice somatic awareness.
- Use the transformative power of inner seeing, witnessing, writing, communication and creative expression as a tool for growth and clarity.
- Learn to relate more fully to ourselves, others and the surroundings, and gain a greater understanding of who we are today and where we want to go.
Learn deep and empathetic listening to
better understand yourself and others
The intentional use of carefully crafted acoustic stimuli together with embodied listening practices is one of the most effective and creative ways to exercise and regulate the autonomic nervous system. When we listen to stimulating sounds, we activate the sympathetic nervous system being responsible for agility and assertiveness. On the other hand, when we hear soothing sounds, we activate the parasympathetic part of our autonomous nervous system that regulates rest and regeneration functions.
WHAT WILL WE DO?
Somatic Sound Journey — Three-dimensional sonic landscapes that involve a variety of nature sounds and acoustic music recorded binaurally. Music and sound touch us physically and emotionally, opening up a space to train somatic awareness. It’s a form of active listening that deepens self-awareness and the connection to the “soma” — the felt body.
Psychosomatic Unwinding — These are exercises meant to combat the conditioning that keeps us feeling disconnected from our bodies, numb and/or anxious. You will be lead through experiences of embodiment, breathwork, and unwinding movement so that you can more fully inhabit your body and feel your sensations and emotions. By releasing your body’s tensions, you’ll free yourself and be closer to your truth.
Circle of Trust — This is an invitation to share thoughts, feelings, and experiences of one’s abstract inner life through language. It supports the exploration of the inner land- and soundscape and promotes communal learning through the recognition of the great human diversity. Be daring to connect with truth and authenticity and to see what you see at any given moment. A true practice of compassion!
Sonic Meditation — These are practices of deep listening to the surroundings and what is inside you. You will be lead through experiences of listening through the senses, listening with movement, drumming and voicing. The foundation of the sonic meditations is mindfulness – this means learning self-awareness, awareness of others, and responsiveness to your body’s needs and messages.
Sound Walk — Walks into the wild or semi-wild landscapes offers us the chance to contemplate our own psychic landscape and also to experience the interconnectedness of our lives with the environment around. Solo, pair and group exercises designed to evoke the awareness shifting experience that usually happens through the encounter with nature.
Embodied Awareness — exercises to foster our understanding of the body—the lived body. When we disconnect from the aliveness of our body, we are in a trance that prevents us from living fully. Regenerative movement and exercises of bodily awareness support us in tuning in to the wisdom of the body.
Creative project — Creativity is how we make sense of the world. It’s how we find our purpose and our joy and our way through the dark days until we get to better ones. Each time we take on a creative project or endeavour, we are faced with obstacles and challenges, fears and doubts, but also breakthroughs, growth, and jubilation.
Nutrition and Water — We will be close to all the elements that nourish us. Orada team consciously crafts delicious and nutritious vegetarian food which comes mostly straight from their gardens. We bring a special technology that structures water for maximum vitality and health benefits.
Free time — A very important part of the retreat is the free time given for contemplation and integration of the experience. Finding time and space to nourish our connection to the richness of our inner life is essential. You will be encouraged to journal your process in order to reflect and deepen your learning about sound and understanding of yourself.
Starts at 2 p.m. on August 19th 2019. Finishes at 11 a.m. on August 26th 2019.
The course takes place in For the Sake of Being(s) centre, located by Europes 4th biggest lake "Saimaa" full of beautiful nature and wildlife and only 5 minutes away from the Kolovesi Nature park.
WHAT YOU GET?
- Experiential learning intensive with three very experienced coaches in their areas
- Seven nights' accommodation in rooms with 1-3 beds
- Lovingly prepared meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) made with mostly homegrown organic and wild ingredients (for special dietary requests, please write to email@example.com)
- Acoustic Body kit: special blindfold and glass water bottle
- Personal self-development and community connection
- Free time to relax and contemplate
Whether you wish to learn a new profession, learn new tools for your current profession, or you simply desire new skills for your own personal enrichment, the Acoustic Body® Retreat offers you an in-depth experiential process through your inner and outer soundscapes.
VERY EARLY BIRD PRICE: 720 € (payment before 31.12.2018)
EARLY BIRD PRICE: 900 € (payment before 24.3.2019)
FULL PRICE 1080 €
ACCOMMODATION with full board starting at 495 € (7 nights)
*We also accept work exchange and are looking for people with writing skills, marketing experience or with a passion for networking. Fill in the work exchange form here.
- The retreat is held in English but we have a multilingual team that can help you: German, Finnish, Danish, Swedish, French, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Please bring comfortable clothing, swimwear and a good jacket.
- Please bring a notebook and a pen for journaling and notes.
- Please bring an USB stick with your three favourite songs.